Wooden tinkering craftables
Hacked Team (Hacker Team) hack incident write up
I want to pet their ear hair
Worried about the future
Chest of Heirlooms
Today is Squirrel Appreciation day
[Pages of our lives parody
Promo video 3
CTF / Harrower
Welcome to Age of Valor! We are an Ultima Online free shard that has been running since 2006 featuring lot of advanced custom content. We originally decided to shut down in 2012 but due to popular demand we have reopened! (as of February 2015).
Server host is login.uovalor.com, port 1337.
See connection instructions here.
|News :: Jun 25 2016 9:19:46 pm - Phase 1: Champion Spawns|
It took a bit longer to get this ready for testing than originally anticipated. Some scripts were pushed for another portion of the update which caused some crashes due to a new slayer being added for goblins. This has now been resolved and testing can continue!
You can access the champion spawn testing area by logging on to Age of Valor and selecting TC1 from the list of shards.
Once on TC1, head to any town/bank and you will notice white event gates that will bring you to the champion spawn event lobby. You can also use [go eventlobby for quick navigation.
In the eventlobby area, you will notice numerous green gates. Each green gate will have a pedestal nearby that will tell you which champ it leads to. You can use these gates to easily navigate to places where champs spawn naturally (please note, many of these are in felucca).
You can use the black/red gates to quickly return back to the event lobby.
In the event lobby, you will also see a dark blue gate. This gate will take you to a champion arena, where a random champion boss will spawn. There are res ankhs and powerful weapons in the champ arena which will help you out.
Finally, the grey gate in the event lobby will take you to the champion spawn artifact museum. Each pedestal holds above it, a champion artifact that can spawn from killing the final champion bosses. If you hover over the pedestals, you will see the % chance to drop the artifact and which champ the artifact can be found on.
The drop rate is standard across the champion bosses:
- 15% chance to drop a decorative artifact (some can be found from more than one champion boss).
- 10% chance to drop a shared artifact (these can be found on 2 or more different champion bosses. Some shared artifacts can even drop from 6 different bosses!)
- 5% chance to drop a unique artifact. (these are the prized drops from champion spawns and will only be found on that specific champion boss)
What can I do to help?
The best thing you can do is play around with the champs and provide feedback. The largest point of feedback you can provide is on the new Invasive Flora champ spawn and its champion boss: Krokus. This is intended to be a comparable replacement for the Colonel Sanders/Farm spawn in terms of difficulty.
Once everything's been tested and adjustments have been made, the update will be released to AOV. The plan is to release the phases as soon as they have finished being tested and tweaked.
A lot of this is for staff to tweak but feel free to peruse the list.
- Make sure that scrolls of transcendence can drop from non-fel and fel champs
- Verify that all appropriate spawns are found in each champ
- Verify stats of all spawn
- Make sure [genchampions doesn't create another set of altars when executed again
- Make sure that deleting controller or deactivating controller doesn't crash
- Check to see if there is proper clean up/regeneration of champions. Add new locations in the script and regenerate to see if the champ altars refresh and new ones are added
- Make sure that power scrolls and skulls only drop from fel champs (including 105s)
- Make sure that candle reset timer has changed from 10 min to 1 hour
- Verify that natural champ respawn is working (10-25 min)
- Verify the slice timer has been raised from 1 second to 10 seconds as per another AOV update.
- Verify that the 'random' t2a spawn list includes the appropriate champion types
- Verify that spawn limit is not 250 but is adjusted to start at 200 for AOV (less spawn)
- Verify that all mobiles are correct for each spawn
- Verify that proper handling is done for each champ spawn (Does not linger after the champ spawn has reset/new champ has been invoked. Cannot tame creatures from champ spawns. When the shard goes down, that the champ retains a link to the mobiles to make sure that they are still counted as being part of the champ spawn)
- Check that decay rate on champion spawn corpses is sped up (They should delete at a sped up rate in order to prevent corpse clutter and lag)
- Check the [genchampions command is creating the controller and spawns correctly
- Make sure all standard and custom champion spawns and boundaries are working with [genchampions
- Test drop rate of champion artifacts (Any facet). 30% decor, 15% shared, 5% unique drop
- Verify champion drop list includes custom AOV items
- Verify that you can still get a drop from the champion boss even if you didnt do any damage to the boss itself. This is based on doing damage to the spawn and your damage during all levels.
- Verify that spawn is not too heavy in regions such as twisted weald, bedlam and labyrinth. Verify boundaries.
- Verify that there are only 3 active spawns allowed on the shard at any given time (Valor should not start it).
- Spawn remains if champ spawn goes inactive. The previous spawn should be cleared out and removed when the champ spawn goes inactive. This seems to be missing.
- It looks as though champs can go inactive, even if they are being worked. I have noticed this happen at least twice, where the altar had half a set of red candles, but the spawn went inactive and stopped spawning.
- The champ size radius seems to be too crammed in. Looks fine for twisted weald, but the other champs like T2A, that range needs to be extended.
- Sleeping Dragon spawn. Deathwatch beetles should not shoot poison on hit. They are based on an automatic timer, similar to dragon breath. Provided they have a target and are in range, they will spit poison at you (to validate OSI). Kappa acid should not stack on ground. If a pile already exists on the ground, another one should not be placed on top as this gets excessive quickly.
- Scroll of transcendence drop message is not color coded in blue like other special drops (arties, etc). Check scroll drops, champ artifacts, etc all have the color coding. Kappa acid looks to be wrong hue.
- Monsters should not be tameable in champ spawns. Also, special hues such as hiryu and cu-sidhe should not spawn in champ spawns (they are always natural hue)
- Ilhenir the stained plague spawn colors are off and they should not have red names. The bog things should also spawn with helper boglings (2-3 each)
|News :: Jun 01 2016 7:07:28 pm - Call for testers TC1 - Champ Spawns, Underworld Quests, Misc|
|We are looking for players who would like to help test out some of the upcoming content for a future release to AOV!
Players would help test content on TC1 and provide their feedback on the various changes:
- If anything didn't work, was hard to follow, if anything crashed etc.
- If anything seemed too difficult/easy or did not provide adequate reward
- Other suggestions, complaints or general feedback
We will be setting up TC1 to make it easy to quickly get to areas where testing and feedback is needed. Please keep in mind that developers will be testing different scenarios as well, so it's possible that the server will need to be restarted or may crash.
Testing is completely voluntary and your feedback is greatly appreciated.
You can have a look below for the testing phases. They are not yet on TC1 as we need to finalize some scripts/testing before we release them for players.
Please stay tuned to the forums for information on how to connect to TC1 and when each testing phase is ready for players.
NOTE: The list below is of pending items that have either been completed, are incomplete, are planned or have been worked on in some form. The list below does not constitute a complete list, items may be added or removed based on feedback, testing and time constraints.
Phase 1: Champion Spawns (update 1)
- All OSI champion spawn artifacts
- Custom AOV artifacts and sashes
- Scrolls of Transcendence
- White candle reset time bumped up to 30 minutes
- Kills required reduced from 250 to 200
- Champion stats buffed (Boss only, spawn is unaffected)
- Randomized champs now include all types (Original, ML, Custom)
- Alternate champion skull drops (fel only)
- New champion replacement for Colonel Sanders (Plant themed)
- New additional use for the Valor virtue
Phase 2: Underworld Additions
- A Tangled Web quest
- Bad Company quest
- Bibliophile quest
- Thieves Be Afoot! quest
- Curiosities quest
- Green with Envy quest
- Untangling the Web quest
- Ending the Threat quest
- Missing quest
- Scraping the Bottom quest
- Something Fishy quest
- Done in the name of Tinkering quest
Custom AOV Quests
- Sir Wilbur
- Tyball (event quest)
- Garramon (event quest)
- Greater Poison Elemental
- Greater Earth Elemental
- Greater Water Elemental
- Navrey night eyes
- tethered acid slugs (stay in the pit)
- burnable vines
Phase 3: Stygian Abyss Dungeon
- All Decorative Stealables
- Clan Chitter Ratmen
- Clockwork Scorpion
- Leather Wolf
- Dark Wisp
- Enslaved Goblins
- Fire Ant
- Fire Daemons
- Lava Elementals
- Pit Fiends
- Skeletal Lich
- Coral Snake
- Maddening Horror
Phase 4: Miscellaneous additions and bug fixes
- Pieces of a long lost history quest
- House pets: cat and dog
- Target switching algorithm reduced
- Tinkering wood items now taking material colors
- Greater Dragons to tame
- Supremes can now spawn in TerMur
- New spawn effect and coloring for supreme creatures
- Any mob in the underworld now has a chance to drop a lucky coin.
- Reduced tailoring and blacksmith BOD quest timer
- Added pigment tickets back to AOA list
- Extended quest gumps
- Acid Slime no longer automatically dye your weapon. Random top attacker gets a bottle of dye as a reward.
- Single decorative aquariums have been fixed and will no longer turn completely black once returned to deed form.
- Dread Horn fixed
- Added name change deeds to the specialty dealer
- The Ambitious Solen Queen and Matriarch quests have been converted from the legacy quest system to the new ML quest system
|News :: May 26 2016 9:34:25 pm - Unplanned Service Outage [back up! Small revert]|
|The main file server that houses everything on my network failed hard and will not come back up. It's not looking good. I will probably have to reinstall the OS on the file server and all the VMs if they corrupted in the process, which means having to reconfigure everything which is long and tedious.
I am not sure what is the extent of data loss yet if any. Posting from mobile as my entire network us down. I'm just going to go pass out in a corner and try to pretend this did not just happen.
Edit: To clarify on potential data loss, we do have backups, but data loss will mean having to restore them which will take longer and there is going to be somewhat of a revert (about 1 day) if we do use backups.
|Event :: Apr 02 2016 2:35:22 pm - Cherry Blossom Festival 2016 (April 1st to May 31st)|
|The Cherry Blossom Festival Returns!
Head to the town of Zento in the Tokuno Islands to take part in the festival!
The festival runs yearly from April 1st to May 31st.
During the festival season, you can enjoy the following benefits:
Treasures of Tokuno
- Increased drop rate of Treasures of Tokuno between April 1st to May 31st
Cherry Blossom Puzzles
- Head to Zento and try one of the Cherry Blossom puzzles. Win lesser Treasures of Tokuno as prizes as well as blossoms for the community collection.
- Gives a higher chance of getting Leurocian's Mempo of Fortune or the Yomotsu Elder's sleeves as a prize
- 1 in 50 chance of getting the puzzle exclusive shadow veil mempo!
Collect different blossoms and turn them in for new prizes, such as decorative flower vines, costumes of tokuno creatures, and new equipment!
Note: Be sure to turn your blossoms in with the same character if you are collecting points. Points are character bound, not account bound!
Collecting blossoms can be done several ways
- Complete the quests that can be found at the Zento bank
- Kill monsters in the three Tokuno based dungeons (Fan Dancer's Dojo, Yomotsu Mines or the Citadel)
- Escort festival goers to Zento
- Complete the Cherry Blossom Puzzles for a chance to get blossoms as a reward
- Sometimes spawned naturally around the ground around Tokuno (Not in dungeons)
- Search the lands for the terrible Niddhogg. A random person in the top attackers list will get its head upon death. Deliver the head to the NPC in Zento for a reward.
- Festival escorts can be found around the Tokuno islands. Bring them to Zento for a reward.
- An NPC in Zento will give you a quest to kill a specific list of lesser monsters that are found in Tokuno.
- Some spawn changes have been changed or cleaned up
- All monsters in the fan dancer's dojo, the yomotsu mines or the citadel have a chance to drop blossoms in your pack upon their death (Only during festival season from April 1st to May 31st).
- Your luck will influence your odds of getting a higher quality blossom which is worth more turn-in points.
|News :: Mar 31 2016 11:59:23 pm - AoV Aerospace Agency Officially Launched|
|I have been busy with this huge project in the past year or so and itching to share details but due to confidentiality agreements with our partners SpaceX, NASA and CSA I was not able to share till now. Age of Valor is now officially a recognized private space agency and we are now officially launched. A dedicated site has been made which has details on some of our missions and experiments:
We launched our first experimental satellite earlier with help of SpaceX and their Falcon 9 rocket and it can be tracked here:
This project started off as a crazy idea I had in mind where a fleet of geostationary satellites could act as a direct link from two places on the Earth with as few hops as possible to make the ping on the shard good from anywhere. Idea is for it to be connected to the Hyperboria network as well ( https://hyperboria.net/ ) which is basically a darknet and a way to communicate without NSA surveillance. It was a running joke for a while till I actually looked deeper into what would be involved. This is not a new concept, but the idea of a small org like us doing it would never have even been a thought before. After doing research I realized it's actually not that far fetched to get stuff into space because of private space industry.
Been playing around a lot with electronics as a hobby in the past year and I worked closely with NASA, SpaceX and CSA to get our satellite built and off the ground and we have more planned as this was mostly just to test the waters. I have been monitoring it for a while now and it has been working pretty good other than the odd connectivity failures during solar storms but availability for it is not that critical as the data just buffers at the ground station. There's more info on what it does at our space agency site link above. It's basically a highly effective random number generator.
But yeah, I can't believe I can finally make this official, how many shards can say they've put something in space? There's going to be a lot of science stuff happening too and I'll be making a separate news section in the forum as there is quite a lot of other stuff to unveil. A lot of the big stuff is on our site though, check it out! http://www.aovaa.space
|Event :: Mar 27 2016 1:12:33 pm - Easter Event March 27, 2016 - April 15, 2016|
|The Easter egg hunt is about to begin!
The event will run from March 27, 2016 to April 30, 2016. The event items will be removed on May 1, 2016
Head to the town of Yew by the Heartwood portal to see the Easter bunny, who has set up shop with numerous goodies. Collect his eggs around Trammel and turn them in for unique prizes of your choosing!
What are the prizes?
- Chocolate Easter Bunny
- Staff of Sparks (Easter themed fireworks launcher)
- Pigment Ticket (1 use)
- Easter Basket full of hot cross buns and shortbread cookies and a ham (skill deed) and lamb chop (power scroll)
- Random artifact deed (double click to get a random arty)
- Pet bonding deed (Instantly bonds a pet)
- Commemorative Easter Egg in exotic colors
- Squirrel's Acorn (Locked down in your home, summons a squirrel friend)
- Easter Bunny costume (turns you into a bunny with an exotic color)
- Springtime Robe (HPR3, Phys 5%, Cold 5%)
- Rebirth Talisman (SR2, HPR2, Luck 50, Cold 10%. Summons a pixie)
Are the eggs only found in Trammel?
- The eggs can be found anywhere on the main land mass as well as in towns. This is in Trammel only.
- The eggs WILL NOT spawn in dungeons, so do not waste time looking in any dungeons.
I've searched for hours and I haven't found a single egg
This can be due to many different scenarios. Here's a few tips:
- Hold down CTRL + SHIFT keys to pop up objects/items around you. If you notice a pop up that says 'smoke bomb' or has the word 'egg' in it, you may have possibly found an egg (Smoke bomb pops up initially as the Easter eggs use the same image. After a few seconds they will change names. Feel free to pick them up at any time though).
- Keep in mind that many other players are also searching for eggs. If you are searching in high traffic areas or in areas where players have already been, then the eggs may have already been collected.
- If you are in a dungeon or if you are in a facet other than Trammel, you will not find any Easter eggs.
How many eggs are spawned and when do they respawn?
There are 4 spawners, one for each type of Easter egg rarity. Currently, every 5 minutes an egg will respawn from each of the 4 types of eggs.
As for the total number of eggs spawned, there are well over 300 around Trammel. As the event starts to dwindle and approach the end, less eggs will start spawning around the world.
Also, as players collect the eggs, there will naturally be less laying about until a new one respawns. The spawners are periodically respawned to swap up the egg spots and to free any trapped eggs (See next point).
I found an egg but I can't grab it!
There are times when an egg will spawn in an unreachable location. You can try your best to find a way to reach the egg to grab it (Use teleport and CTRL + SHIFT). If you still cannot reach the egg, it's best to let it go and not waste any time trying to obtain it. There are plenty of other eggs around the world.
Spawners are periodically refreshed to reshuffle and respawn the eggs. If an egg was stuck, it will be moved to a different location. If the spawners were not refreshed, the eggs would still have decayed on the ground as part of the item decay process (Which is about 48 hours).
Staff will not move trapped eggs to a player's location. This is what the spawner refreshing process is for.
Can I trade eggs?
Yes. You are able to trade eggs to other players. If another player wishes to offer you something else for your eggs, then you are free to trade.
If an egg has been redeemed and converted into points, the points are bound to the player that brought the egg in. These points CANNOT be transferred to another player, however, you can redeem a reward which can then be transferred to another player.
Can we save eggs/points for next year?
The eggs are globally deleted after the event ends on April 15, 2016. The points accumulated towards the collection will remain. As this event is a yearly event, the points you accumulated will remain for next year.
Will the collection statue be removed on April 30th?
Although the event will end on April 30th, the collection statue will remain in Yew. You just will not be able to accumulate more points towards the collection, but you can redeem your points for prizes at any time during the year.
We hope everyone enjoys this year's Easter event and has a safe and happy long weekend this spring!
|News :: Mar 26 2016 8:13:00 pm - Unplaned downtime due to file sync failure [resolved]|
|While trying to commit a small update my sync script messed up, and for some reason TC1 and live is not syncing properly and the live shard is failing to load the database. Nothing has been lost, but we are looking into why this is happening. Tried to restore a script backup but that is failing too. (backups are done with rsync as well, go figure)
The shard may be down for the next few hours, to even the next few days. If I can't figure it out by tonight, I won't be able to look at it till a week from now as I'll be with family tomorrow (Easter) and after that I start work.
I will post an update once some progress is being done. I'm still mostly investigating at this point.
Rsync has been the bane of my existence, it has a mind of it's own but it's really the only half decent app that has that function. One of these days I need to code a replacement.
|News :: Feb 15 2016 12:02:32 pm - Happy Valentine's Day 2016|
Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! We have added some gifts this year, which can be retrieved from the clickable heart box in luna.
Players can collect their Valentine's Day gifts from February 15, 2016 to March 13, 2016. The statue will be removed March 14, 2016
Each gift box is one per account. In each gift box you get the following:
1 tall gift box
1 heart shaped box with 10 assorted chocolates
1 St.Valentine's day panda bear
1 St.Valentine's day polar bear
1 freshly picked rose (white, yellow or pink)
We hope you enjoy the gifts and have a happy Valentine's Day!
|Event :: Nov 26 2015 12:07:25 am - 2015 AoV Christmas event: Shields down!|
|2015 AOV Christmas Event: Shields Down (December 1st, 2015 - January 15, 2016)
The evil elves are back, and have taken over Santa's village once more. During renovations, evil ninja elves have slipped through, and have managed to use the village's magic to continuously pour in through portals.
Shield generators have been installed in 3 locations to block these portals, but there are not enough elves to keep them fuelled all the time. Your help is needed to do this. They appear as follows:
How to fuel a shield generator: To fuel a shield generator you simply place coal, or cast fire spells on it. Double click coal to light, it will also eventually catch on nearby coal. Several piles of coal can be placed around to maximize the speed at which power level increases. Coal drops on the floor and from dark elves. It can also be obtained by mining anywhere in Sosaria.
Example of fuel generator that is fuelled by coal being placed around it:
Double clicking it will tell you it's status. There are 3 major modes for these generators:
Offline: No protection provided. Dark elves continue to arrive. Double clicking will show you the current power vs the power required to turn on.
Online: Dark elves have more trouble entering, but can still enter. Continue to add fuel. Double clicking will show you the current power vs the full power potential.
Full power: When this point is reached, all evil elves are instantly killed and no longer arrive. Good elves will slowly start to spawn. Good elves may fight any bad elves that happen to remain.
Note: These shield generators emit radiation which is known to the facet of trammel to cause health decrease and in some cases, death. Ask your doctor if the job of fueling these is right for you.
When the coal runs out, the power level of the shield generator slowly drops, at some point the good elves will stop spawning, and bad ones will start to return. Shield generator #3 is a special case where it has no control over evil elves, however once brought to full power it will provide surprise stockings throughout the village.
As well as evil elves, some sith lords whose ship has crashed have also decided to establish themselves in the NSA errr Claus Surveillance Centre. This has prevented Santa from checking to see if people are being naughty or not. It is also where shield generator #3 is, so it may prove difficult to enter until shield #2 is activated at full power.
Few last notes:
- To enter event, there are white gates throughout the world with title "Shields down!"
- There is a quest right at the entrance, it's worth grabbing it if you want some quick Christmas decoration.
- Due to mechanics of spawners and their sleep mode, allow 5ish minutes for good elves and surprised stockings to spawn the first time the cores are brought to 100%. Once stuff starts to spawn, the spawners will speed up. They are all set to spawn a new mobile/object within 30 seconds to 3 minutes.
- Difficulty may be a bit on the hard side due to amount of spawn, a stealther may be useful to get the generators going. Lit coal will also damage mobs, be creative.
Possible Resource Drops:
- Luminescent Fungi
- Parasitic Plant
- Diseased Bark
- Bark Fragment
- Perfect Emerald
- Dark Sapphire
- Ecru Citrine
- White Pearl
- Fire Ruby
- Blue Diamond
- Brilliant Amber
- Random Runic Tools
- Random Skill Gain Deeds
- Pet Bonding Deeds
- Bags of Sending
- Bank Checks/Gold
- Ash Boards
- Yew Boards
- Bloodwood Boards
- Heartwood Boards
- Frostwood Boards
- Random Magic Items
Christmas Decoration Drops (Drops in Stockings)
Red and White Poinsettias
Small and Large Nutcracker
Red and Green Candy Cane
NEW 2015 Christmas Decoration Drops (Drops in Stockings)
Christmas Tree Angel
Snow Statues (Seahorse, Pegasus, Griffon, Mermaid)
Snow Globes (Various colors and names. Rare glacial color is 10% chance)
Holiday Bells (Various colors and names. Rare gold color is 10% chance)
© Copyright 2016 Age of Valor