Age of Valor
login.php?sid=50deb6e70381ae6810f475323999b45c profile.php?mode=register&sid=50deb6e70381ae6810f475323999b45c faq.php?sid=50deb6e70381ae6810f475323999b45c memberlist.php?sid=50deb6e70381ae6810f475323999b45c search.php?sid=50deb6e70381ae6810f475323999b45c index.php?sid=50deb6e70381ae6810f475323999b45c
Site Links: Home :: Donate :: Features :: Connection Guide

Age of Valor Forum Index » News » Due to the stagnent nature of shard... Goto page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:44 am Reply with quote
ninja2007

or have someone help you get the server up to date, i have pretty much age of valor running on the newest core without the AI, and some new customs like Instanced Thieving where you still from high famed monsters, the only thing that wasn't really compatible was the SUPER AI, but im sure us together could easily figure it out, i have custom enums to help out with a lot of things, the only thing that would happen is people would lose their saves, there is alot of things we could do to bring back life to valor, but its up to you guys, i 've been using the valor base for a long time
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:04 am Reply with quote
Red Squirrel
AoV Owner

Bringing it up to date is too much work at this point. We are only looking at little things that are quick fixes. If by chance the population was to pickup again it's something I could look into again, but whether I do it or get someone else to do it or even use code that already exists, it's still a lot of work to get it all setup and integrated properly. Can't just blindly overwrite files. Especially stuff that has to do with serialization.

At this point the shard is mostly being kept on for nostalgia purposes so people can still login and play if they want, but we are not putting the same amount of work that used to go into it.

I do want to look at adding some of these suggestions at some point though, probably in fall. Funny enough I'm totally not setup for UO anymore, I upgraded to 4k, and playing UO on a 4k screen is comical at best. The client does not have any kind of scaling so it's basically using like 1/8th of the screen. If the shard was very popular I would honestly look into having our own custom client and essentially break away from EA but that's a huge undertaking.

It would be interesting to change the server update to like 100 tiles and make it playable on 4k, but that would not be fair for anyone with a smaller screen not to mention the extra server processing involved.

my blog

Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:11 pm Reply with quote
ggkthx

For the record, this is already the best UO server by far.
Anyone who disagrees either has no idea, has crappy opinions, or is just used to playing on their trash server and has like Stockholm syndrome.

That said, 1 slot EVs please? Smile

(I honestly don't think I'd even use this for much of anything, it would just be sweet.)

I didn't choose the Fel life, the Fel life chose me.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:16 pm Reply with quote
ggkthx

Oh, and sorry if it was already mentioned above, but the only other thing I think of being needed on a solo/low pop server versus a very active one is the time for Champ spawn altars to drop down a level being greatly lengthened and possibly weaker champs/other bosses (peerless, etc), some of them anyway. Big difference trying to solo anything but Coon vs doing it with a group.

With one exception, please do not lengthen the sleeping dragon spawn. Level one is good/fun for getting ltots and the rest of it is hot garbage. <3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:30 am Reply with quote
Nexus Graveheart

Another couple thoughts for this:

- Increase success chance at smelting for all ores. I have 110 mining and still fail smelting bronze from time to time. It's frustrating.

- Add in the stone walls and stairs to the stonecrafting menu that OSI added in several years back. Building a valorite castle would be a lengthy and enjoyable process, for me at least. Not sure how involved this would be though, and I know there isn't much time being lent to the shard.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:02 am Reply with quote
ggkthx

Nexus Graveheart wrote:

- Increase success chance at smelting for all ores. I have 110 mining and still fail smelting bronze from time to time. It's frustrating.

- Add in the stone walls and stairs to the stonecrafting menu that OSI added in several years back. Building a valorite castle would be a lengthy and enjoyable process, for me at least. Not sure how involved this would be though, and I know there isn't much time being lent to the shard.

Or bring back mining power scrolls Very Happy
One of my miners has 120 Mining IIRC but I'd still like to see these back.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Death
AoV Administrator

ggkthx wrote:
Oh, and sorry if it was already mentioned above, but the only other thing I think of being needed on a solo/low pop server versus a very active one is the time for Champ spawn altars to drop down a level being greatly lengthened and possibly weaker champs/other bosses (peerless, etc), some of them anyway. Big difference trying to solo anything but Coon vs doing it with a group.

With one exception, please do not lengthen the sleeping dragon spawn. Level one is good/fun for getting ltots and the rest of it is hot garbage. <3

This should actually be in game now. The amount of spawn to kill for the next levels has been lowered as well as the reset penalty for not completing a wave in time has been increased from 10 minutes to 30 minutes. The champs also drop the AOV special items as well as the OSI ones.

ggkthx wrote:
Nexus Graveheart wrote:

Or bring back mining power scrolls Very Happy
One of my miners has 120 Mining IIRC but I'd still like to see these back.

Smelting chances can be improved as well as adding stonecrafting. I've added these suggestions to the list.

The reason 120 mining scrolls were removed was due to them acting really weird with the mining bonus gloves. The mining gloves aren't a simple skill+ item, they are an overcapped bonus which was not designed in mind for mining skill to ever be over 100. This could be revisited, but I think for resource gathering skills, it might be better to just have +bonus items instead in order not to cramp templates with more 120 skills (such as for lumberjacking, fishing, mining, etc)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:15 am Reply with quote
Red Squirrel
AoV Owner

So just to give a bit of a time line, I do want to look at actually making these changes some times in fall or start of winter. Like say, maybe Novemberish. Summer is busy as I spend as much time doing outside projects as I can, but when that slows down.

I may also do it before, like if I decide one day where it's raining or something I may just drill through the list and do all the changes. I don't plan to code full time like I used to but seeing more activity on the shard is encouraging so I definitely want to make things better and do want to add new stuff over time too.

my blog

Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Due to the stagnent nature of shard...
Age of Valor Forum Index » News